Friday, 5 June 2015

Final Post

1) Participation

I would say that this year my attendance has been perfect, aside from those days where we had double band classes. I always have gym strip. Sometimes I'm not always on time, but it isn't an all year thing. I always try to make myself included during activites we do as a class. Most of the time I enjoy the activites, (there has been like a few days where I wasn't motivated or liking what we were doing). But about 90% of the time, I'm motivated and ready to go. Whenever we do choice, I pick things that I feel I would have fun in, or that would challenge my intensity. For example, I didn't pick capture the flag last choice, because I knew that I wouldn't have tried in that.

2) Social Responsibility

I consider myself a very social person, but at the same time I don't consider myself a leader. However I do always try to encourage my peers, and throughout the year I think its safe to say, that I have tried to make gym a better place for everyone. I always try to maintain a positive energy during gym, and I try to make everyone feel included and welcomed. I usually help with the equipment if opportunity given. I have definetly made a big effort this year to maintain a stronger bond with our class, and there's barely a divide between the grade 10's and 9's anymore. 

 
3) Healthy Living

My fitness scores have been somewhat average. I have gotten a 6 on the beep test, and I believe that on the scale, its average for a female between 14-16 years old. This teaches me that I can definetly push myself harder considering I do field hockey and taekwondo. I have noticed improvements in my fitness drastically. In the beginning of the year, I could barely run 5 minutes straight on the treadmill, but now I'm at about 10 minutes and beyond. I work out about 4 times a week on my own time. I either go to the gym, for taekwondo, field hockey, and sometimes I walk home. My food choices have also improved, as I have recently cut down on a lot of sugar. My future plans are just to try to eat better food, as I'm a vegetarian and shouldn't be consuming a lot of carbs, and try to push myself even harder than I do now.

4) Digital Portfolio



Percentage; 86%


1 comment:

  1. Thank you Anusha. There seems to be a trend in the grade 10 girls in this class. A lot of you are just now at the end of two years together deciding that watching your food intake is important. How do you plan on dropping your sugar? Did you see the video on Gaby's blog? I am not sure if this boost is because of natural maturing or because I am a bad teacher and it took so long for me to do anything. I'm sorry I wasn't commenting much this last while… I think it happened to lot's of 10s in this class for some reason. I guess I was feeling confident in the other stuff you were all doing and focusing on the few that were having a hard time. Whatever it was… I know it makes it harder to keep posting when you don't see the comments. Thanks for your awesome April of posts and for you final. I don't know how you broke down the pillars in to marks but I agree with much of your sentiment. You are so kind and positive and brought the grade 9s in like the 10s did for you last year. I still think you have only begun to scratch the surface of testing what your body can do if you actually learn about it and push it. I know you have two activities you enjoy but we never really got to explore how they impact you and when and why your beep is still a six if you play a running sport? These questions… hour hypotheses and tests… ad the adjustments you make can help you WORK effectively towards improvements instead of hoping and wondering why they aren't happening. Not everyone needs to be a fitness maniac, and I am not suggesting you should be, but learning about what to do if you decide empowers you to make growth mindset decisions and that is always a good thing. I had your pillar breakdown at (20/23/17/22) That is 83%. I will split the difference at 84%. I have always enjoyed your humour and warm spirit in class and will miss you if you don't take PE anymore. Good luck with you research around ditching sugar and your new belt in "kicking and punching". :)

    ReplyDelete