Tuesday, 21 April 2015

Parent Post

1) Have you read your son/daughters blog? Was there anything that surprised you or stood out immediately? What was your favourite part about reading his/her reflections? What did you learn about your son/daughter that you didn't know before reading the blog? What part of your child's growth/personality has been reaffirmed for you? What is missing in the blog that you think s/he should include for the teacher or peers? If you were evaluating him/her on his/her blogging efforts, what would you say? What would you give him/her out of 25? How did you come up with that number? Yes I read Anusha's blog. The thing that surprised me was how the children at school are taught to be independent and responsible for their own fitness/learning. My favourite part was when she said she said that she enjoys activities where they have to keep moving. I learnt that she is participating and taking interest in her fitness.I am reaffirmed about her self confidence. However, whats missing in the blog is her experiences of out of school field hockey games and taekwondo lessons.I would give her 25 because she has been consistent with maintaining a high fitness level. HEALTHY LIVING: 2) What do you notice about your child's health choices outside of school? What activity and or diet choices does s/he make on their own? What exercise/eating choices are encouraged buy the family/household? Did you see any evidence of this in his/her blog? What is missing that should be included? What improvements do you think your child could/should make to further his/her understanding and participation in his/her own health? What things can you as parent do to push this learning/practice? If you were to evaluate your son/daughter on their progress towards personal healthy life choices what would you say? What mark would you give them out of 25 for his/her efforts and demonstration of those efforts in the blog? How did you come up with that number? Anusha makes healthy choices at home, she eats a lot of greens and avoids junk food as much as possible. Our family eats home cooked meals everyday which is always a well balanced vegetarian diet. She is encouraged to be physically active every day after school as she is enrolled in taekwondo and field hockey,plus she goes to the gym on weekends. I did see evidence of her gym workout and eating habits in the blog.I think by logging the physical activity everyday anusha would benefit more. I am satisfied with Anusha's healthy life choices and give her full marks.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this. It is nice to hear about her from the home side of things. I agree it would be nice to see more of the outside school activity and why she chooses those. One of the major goals of gr 10 is to conned the learning in class and the choices/learning at home. It seems like she has a supportive system for making good choices for herself. :)

    ReplyDelete